Sunday, February 25, 2024

Two block twills with multiple tie up opportunities

I'm a big fan of using a different tie up to alter the look of a design on my current warp.  I'm locked into my threading because I don't ever rethread for another design, but what I can do is change the tie up and the treadling to create a whole new look.
 
I started my experiments with two block twills after watching an episode of JST's School of weaving.  I suspect this episode was all about changing a profile draft into a two block twill and then weaving it on 8 shafts.  I used some of Jane's tie up suggestions and then looked for more.  I came up with many possibilities and will someday soon, weave a whole bunch of variations for towels.
 
In the meantime, since I haven't posted in a very long time, I'm giving readers of this blog some of my ideas.
 
Click on each photo for a larger view of the tie ups. 
 
 
 









 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment