Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Sprucing Up My Inventory

This is a hat I called "Barbara" on Etsy and elsewhere.  It was spun from Merino wool that I handpainted and then Navajo plied to keep the colors clear.  It was pretty, but a bit pastel and although it was labor intensive, didn't appeal to anyone enough to buy this past season. (I have more than one of these - pretty, but well, I don't need another hat.)  So some of my losers have gone in for an overdye - some have been unraveled to make another attempt at wonderful and some have undergone several transitions to see if they could muster just a bit more customer appeal.  

"Barbara" got an overdye of pale yellow and a knitted flower embellishment using some singles wool that I had just a bit of. BTW,  I found the flower pattern and many more in 100 Flowers to Knit & Crochet by Lesley Stanfield. I like the new colors and am pleased as punch with the little top knot. 

6/13/2012 - This beret was featured on the Tafa List in an article about knitting.  Click here to read.

2 comments:

  1. I love the soft colors!! I think the top knot is a nice unique touch. Lovely dyeing and spinning.
    Enjoy your day.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete