Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Five Thread Twill Blocks

Squeezing every bit of juice out of a warp is one of my pleasures in life.  Since I seem to have a rather short attention span (blame it on TV), I can't stick with one weave structure more than a few yards without getting bored.  I started thinking about what other structures I could weave with the five thread blocks  and  decided I would try a five thread twill.  On the computer I played around with a variety of five thread twills, but the resulting cloth looked messy, so I went with tried and true 1/4 and 4/1 twill blocks.  What I didn't realize and should have, is that these blocks would create a textured cloth - almost embossed in appearance.  I deliberately did not press the cloth down flat so that the raised texture would be more prominent. 

1 comment:

  1. I love every one of them. I think they would make great cloth for a swing jacket.

    ReplyDelete