Here is a shot of the warp without any mended warps in view. Believe me, this was not the norm. Usually there were a couple of T-headed pins in view.
Since I didn't have much of a plan about where I was headed, I started by collecting some of the same yarns I had used in my warp. I wound a pirn (bobbin) full of each color and wove until the pirn ran out, then started a new color. Sometimes I started up with a new color just after or before the end of a block, leaving small color stripes. I was a bit nervous about this in the beginning, but then forgot about control issues and just let things happen.
Next post -- more cloth, more colors and a few trials and tribulations.